Thursday, December 2, 2010

Chocolate M&M Cookies

In Honor of Cookie Week
Ree Drummond, a.k.a The Pioneer Woman and my cooking idol, has deemed this "Cookie Week" on Twitter. I figured since I was baking cookies anyway, I would just write up a quick post to link with all of the other yummy cookie recipes coming through! I know I've seen many new recipes I want to try out soon! However, this time I stuck with one of my favorites since I had everything I needed in my cupboards.

This recipe never fails me - Chocolate Pudding Cookies - and the cookies always taste oh-so-good. I've made these cookies numerous times since I stumbled upon the recipe in the Tasty Kitchen site. I've made them mostly with chocolate pudding and also have used vanilla pudding mix to use them as a basic chocolate chip cookie recipe. I always love them, and they always get eaten up quick in my house!

This time around I had some M&Ms open from a previous baking project that I wanted to use up along with some white chocolate chips leftover from Oreo brownies. I threw them in instead of plain chocolate chips and was surprised with how Christmas-y they look! I didn't have Christmas M&Ms; I just happened to have fall colored ones that were mixed with a green bag so they turned out holiday-ish. Turned out great since I'm in the holiday mood with Christmas only 23 days a way!

Speaking of Christmas creeping up ... did you know some people are DONE with their Christmas shopping? And many of those same people already have their presents wrapped? Jeepers! I haven't even started. But at least I have a list going ... even if it's only in my head! And if you're still looking for the perfect holiday gift for me, I need a new mixer. At the top of my list this year is a KitchenAid Stand Mixer. Since my hand mixer pretty much died the day before Thanksgiving this is now become more of a necessity!

If you're interested in trying out a great chocolate cookie head over to the Tasty Kitchen site and check out the recipe. I highly recommend it for yummy tasting cookies! Feel free to mix and match whatever kind of chocolate chips/ candies you want! Enjoy!

http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen/recipes/desserts/chocolate-pudding-cookies/

1 comment:

  1. M&M's and chocolate chip cookies make such a wonderful combination!

    ReplyDelete