Saturday, November 6, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Another month has gone by without a blog post ... I really need to get more creative with my baking so I have things to post! My last few baking projects haven't been very pretty; tasty, but not pretty so they didn't make the cut for my blog. Also, I've been busy trying to decorate my place up and pretending winter isn't around the corner. Some days I would rather shop than bake!

Today, however, I decided it was time to bake, and time to try a new recipe. I've spent too much money lately so my bank account needs a day off. Plus, I needed to distract myself from what I deem the worst neighbor in our neighborhood. Of course I needed to pick the one house next to someone who must not be able to hear real well (at least I hope that's the excuse) since the music/ surround sound is always SUPER LOUD!! I just would like t
o point out that I live in a townhome. Our living rooms are not that big; I don't think surround sound is necessary for every TV show, every movie, every game, etc. So anyway, I needed to do something other than sit and try to watch my TV!

I tried a new recipe I found off of the Food Network website. I haven't baked too many things off this site, but these cookies sounded good so I thought I'd give them a try - Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I had some leftover pumpkin puree from my pumpkin cake bites I made last week and wanted to use it up so I thought a pumpkin cookie sounded pretty good.

The recipe was easy to follow, but I wasn't a fan of the dough so I was a little worried about baking them up. I thought the dough needed to be sweeter, but I didn't want to add anything in case the taste differed as they baked. However, the cookies sm
elled delicious as they were baking so I kept positive about the taste!

After they cooled slightly I tasted my first cookie. I still was disappointed in the taste - they're not very sweet at all, and I don't think there's enough pumpkin flavor. I decided to drizzle some chocolate over the top to help sweeten them up, plus I never think there's enough chocolate in a cookie!

Overall I don't think it's a terrible recipe, just not exactly right. I see this recipe as a challenge. What can I do next time to improve the taste? Add some more brown sugar, more spices and definitely more pumpkin. I'll conquer this recipe yet!!

Here's the link if you want to try it out for yourself ... http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/george-duran/pumpkin-chocolate-chip-cookies-recipe/index.html

Now I have to go find something else to distract myself since I think the movie next door is getting louder. And for the rest of the day I'll have to keep repeating "I love living here; you can deal with it."

No comments:

Post a Comment