Sunday, August 8, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookie Truffles

These past couple of weeks I have been in the process of packing for a big move. Moving means my life has been in boxes, including all of my baking stuff. I have missed baking, and I have missed blogging. However, moving also means MOVING!!! We are now living in a great townhome just outside of the Twin Cities area and I LOVE it!!!! This move was such a necessary need for me. I've been pretty depressed living back in my very small hometown for the last few years so this move is exactly what I need to feel less stressed and happier. And now, my baking utensils are all unpacked and baking will once again be on my weekly agenda. Yay! We have an electric oven so I'm guessing they'll be some trial and error switching over from the gas oven I've gotten used to, but disasters make good posts too! ;o)

Right before I left our old house in Sandstone, I felt the need to make something and it had to be something that didn't require a mixer, cookie sheets or measuring cups. Hmmm ... this posed a challenge. I decided to make a "grocery store" treat.

I went to the local grocery store and picked up a package of Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies and a package of cream cheese. I crumbled up the cookies into fine crumbs like I've done previously with Oreo truffles and mixed the crumbs with the cream cheese. I rolled the mixture up into balls, and stuck them in the freezer to set. Then, I dipped them in chocolate candy coating, and I had Chocolate Chip Cookie Truffles. Easy, and it satisfied my need to "bake" something. (Well, at least make something.)

I didn't like these as much as the Oreo Truffles. This could be because I actually don't really like grocery store prepackaged chocolate chip cookies. I much prefer the taste of homemade chocolate chip cookies. My husband and mother-in-law seemed to like them quite a bit though. I did like the fact that they were soft inside; sort of like cookie dough. They were good, but could be better. Next time I'll try them with cookies I like the taste of better. Or just try making chocolate chip cookie dough truffles. Yum, I want one now!


1 comment:

  1. I make those with Nutter Butter cookies and white chocolate candy coating! I love them.

    ReplyDelete