Saturday, June 5, 2010

Oreo Truffles

Oreo cookies are one of my favorite cookies. In fact, they are one of the few very I will buy from the grocery store. You rarely will seen any other prepackaged cookies in my house. When I saw a recipe posted on Bakerella's website for Oreo Truffles I knew I had to try them. Oreo cookies, cream cheese and vanilla flavored candy melts all equal yum in my book!

Not only are these Oreo Truffles delicious, they are super easy to make as well. Messy, but easy. They require no baking. Just lots of crushing, mixing and dipping. We can all handle that right? If you have dogs like me you might want to kick them out from under your feet. I dropped many, many cookie crumbs on the floor. You
don't want your dogs to get into those chocolate crumbs!
I think I'll have to make these again sometime soon. Especially for a get-together. I could easily impress with these babies! They taste delicious, and they look awesome. Next time I'm going to try the mint Oreos and dip them in chocolate candy melts. Sounds good already!



A couple of notes:
I used a whole package of double stuffed Oreos because that's what I usually buy and what my hand normally gravitates toward in the grocery aisle. If you have a "I only can buy double stuffed Oreos" condition similar to mine, try only adding 6 ounces of cream cheese and see if that's enough to hold together. I just threw in the whole 8 ounce package, and my mixture was very soft and super sticky. I would recommend starting with 6 ounces, try to roll them into balls and see if it's enough and if not add more. If you do need the whole package, stick the rolled up balls in the freezer until firm. I think mine were in the freezer for about 30 minutes or so.

I double dipped the tops of my
truffles so they would look a little more smooth. Double dipping makes them a little bit harder to bite into, but worth it if you want to impress. You don't see as many imperfections or crumbs showing through the white coating. Also, just drizzle some chocolate candy melts on top for that extra special touch!


And don't forget that these have to stay refrigerated since they have cream cheese in them! I hope you enjoy them as much as we did.

The recipe is below for quick reference, and make sure to check out Bakerella's site for the whole recipe and step by step pictures! http://www.bakerella.com/grocery-item-goes-gourmet/

Oreo Truffles
Ingredients:
1 package Oreo Cookies
8 oz cream cheese softened
Vanilla flavored almond bark or candy melts

How To:
Crush the Oreo cookies as finely as possibly in a large bowl.
Add in the softened cream cheese and mix well.
Start rolling the mixture together into small bite size balls.
Place the balls into the freezer until set, about 10 minutes.
Melt the almond bark per package directions.
Dip the Oreo balls into the melted vanilla bark.
Drop onto waxed paper, and let set.
Place in airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
Eat and enjoy!

Makes about 36 truffles.

No comments:

Post a Comment