Sunday, May 30, 2010

Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies

As you might have read in one of my previous posts, I've been struggling with making good chocolate chip cookies and am on the search for the perfect recipe. Out of the dozens and dozens of batches of chocolate chip cookies I've made over the past couple of years, only one has turned out well. Most turned out so bad that they weren't even edible! But I still felt something was lacking in the taste of those last cookies, but they sure looked pretty! (You can read about those cookies here ~ http://pinkcupcakekt.blogspot.com/2010/05/how-i-hate-my-oven-but-love-chocolate.html.) So I continued my search for the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe, and I think, just maybe, I might have found it! The world can rest easy.

I've made a version of these cookies before - Chocolate Pudding Cookie - and they were perfect. So perfect in fact that I've made them many times. I love them. Seriously, they are one of the best cookies I've made. Did I mention that I love them?


So, since I love the recipe, I used it as a base for making plain chocolate chip (well, actually M&M but that's ju
st a little detail) cookies, and they turned out perfect. Not only did they look pretty, they tasted delicious. Which is actually more important than the way they look I suppose!



Here is the recipe in case you're struggling too with finding a good chocolate chip cookie recipe. I realize that there are
many different recipes out there for chocolate chip cookies and quite a few of them are labeled as "the best", and "most perfect". I don't claim this to be the best, or the world's greatest, but it is the perfect recipe for me. They taste amazingly yummy, and they look just as good. If you make them, enjoy! And I hope they turn out as well for you as they did for me.

Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Butter, softened
3/4 cup packed Brown Sugar (light or dark will work)
1/4 cup Granulated (regular white) Sugar
1 small package (3.4 oz) Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
2 Eggs
1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract (imitation will work as well)
2 cups Chocolate Chips or M&Ms

How To:

In a medium sized bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside. (I use a wire whisk to sift them together.)
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
Beat in the vanilla pudding mix until blended.
Beat in the eggs and vanilla until well blended.
Slowly beat in the flour mixture, or mix together by hand.
Stir in the chocolate chips or M&Ms.
Refrigerate dough for at least one hour.
When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake for 10-12 minutes until they turn light golden brown.
Remove from oven, let rest on cookie sheets for 2 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Eat and enjoy!

Yields: 3 dozen cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment