Friday, April 9, 2010

Easter!

I love Easter. What's not to love about a holiday that gives you an excuse to wear bunny ears?!


This year I started off with making sugar cookies. My plan was to decorate them all fancy schmancy so they looked like cute little bunny rabbits, eggs and flowers; however, the first batch of frosting I tried tasted so gross I had to toss it! Being that it was 9 p.m. at night, I resorted to the store bought frosting in my cupboard! Yep, I cheated! Better Crocker knows how to make a yummy tasting frosting though!



For Easter day I was asked to provide the cake. I was happy to make something fun and delicious! I started off with making a chocolate cake using a recipe adapted from Ree Drummond (the Pioneer Woman). I used her chocolate sheet cake recipe, but added a chocolate pudding dry mix to it as well, which gave it more of a brownie like taste and texture. I frosted the cake with a whipped creme type frosting (Cool Whip, powder sugar, vanilla pudding and milk), then decorated with coconut, Robin's Eggs and Peeps. So cute!





Next year I plan to attempt something more fancy! Although this cake is cute and it tasted yummy, I don't feel like it's as good as I can do. Plus, I love a challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment