Monday, April 12, 2010

Banana Bread


I lo
ve, love, love banana bread. However, I've only attempted baking it twice. Wait, scratch that, I had to do a do-over this weekend so now three times! The first time I made it I used a recipe out of my Betty Crocker cookbook. This time I used a combination of that recipe along with one I found on the My Baking Addiction website (thanks Jamie!). I liked the ideas she had of using brown sugar and cinnamon, but I liked parts of the Betty Crocker recipe as well. So, in the end I made my own recipe that tasted super delicious!



My first batch didn't cook for some reason. I made a full batch, used a 9x5 loaf pan and also added frozen blueberries. It cooked for almost two hours and it was burnt on the sides and uncooked in the middle. Boo! But I think that happened because of two things. First the frozen blueberries. Maybe if I would have thawed them or used fresh it would have cooked better. Second, I put way too much batter in the pan. It just couldn't cook properly.


My second batch turned o
ut much better. I made half a batch, used a 8x4 loaf pan, and didn't add blueberries. (Mostly because I didn't have any left!) It cooked within 50 minutes and smelled so, so good. The taste was super delicious. A nice banana-y flavor with cinnamon and brown sugar spices. Yum!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment