Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day

In honor of St. Patty's Day ... green cake bites!



I us
ed a yellow cake dyed green with gel icing. I only had Leaf Green so it turned out a little lighter than I originally wanted, but it's still green at least! I crumbled it up and mixed it with vanilla icing, rolled into balls, then covered with chocolate. I ended up having to use dark chocolate at the end because I ran out of my milk chocolate candy bark (in case you happen to notice they're slightly different in color). I decorated a little bit more with green candy melts scribbled on top of the cake bite. I wish I had clover sprinkles to put on top, but the green icing helps with the theme.



I might not be even a little bit Irish, but I can't resist a holiday theme!

Thanks to Bakerella again for inspiring me to make all kinds of cake bites!

No comments:

Post a Comment