Friday, February 26, 2010

Taco Thursday

I love, love, love Mexican food. Especially tacos. Yum, yum, yum! (I also like writing words three times in a row I guess for this post!) I started making my own taco seasoning about a year ago, and I think have finally perfected it for my tastes. I never have been a fan of the packet seasoning; mostly because I loathe (loathe, loathe!) onions. I like to say I'm allergic, but I wouldn't die if I had one. Just would have to run to the bathroom throwing up because that's how much I hate them. Well, all taco seasoning packets that I've come across have onions in them - powder or dehydrated - so I decided to make my own. Plus, I now am able to make the tacos as spicy or non-spicy as I want! I like adding cayenne pepper spice to amp up the spiciness! Here's a picture of my tacos from last night. Every Thursday (that we're home) is Taco Thursday in our house. Yesterday I decided to make them even better by frying up some corn tortillas until slightly crisp. I love tacos like this, but sometimes feel bad about all the oil I'm consuming when eating them! However, these tacos were delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment