Sunday, February 28, 2010

My Favorite Cake (for right now)

Pumpkin Streusel Cake
I've made this cake three times, and every time it never fails me. I always have the same two results:
1.) It falls apart when I take it out of the pan, and
2.) It tastes delicious!

To some of you it might seem as if I'm making it out of season since it's the end of February, but my thought is why can you only eat pumpkin foods at Halloween and Thanksgiving? I think pumpkin can be enjoyed any time of the year!

This is a yellow cake, mixed with pumpkin, eggs and butter, layered with a flour, cinnamon and brown sugar streusel. I found the recipe in a holiday cook book that my local grocery store gave away back in 2005. My mom made it then and I thought it tasted good. However, I waited until 2008 to attempt it on my own. I've now made it three times. For some reason the cake falls apart every time I take it out of the pan. I don't think it's because its not done because I wait until the toothpick comes out clean. I wonder if I should leave it in the pan for awhile longer than 15 minutes after taking it out of the oven. I'll try that next time. But now I'm going to go and have a piece of this pumpkin cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment