Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Hello Kitty Cake

I was asked to make a cake for my parents' foster child who was turning 9, Rosie. She had mentioned awhile ago that she likes Hello Kitty and I am also a fan of Hello Kitty so I figured I would try to make a cake shaped like Hello Kitty. I ended up having a pretty busy work day, so the cake didn't turn out as well as I had hoped, but it was still a hit with Rosie!

I printed off Hello Kitty's
head and used that to cut out the shape in the cake. I then frosted it with vanilla frosting. I used Tootsie Rolls for the whiskers, M&Ms for the eyes, a yellow spice drop for the nose and a Fruit Roll-Up for the bow. If I would have had more time I would have done a proper crumb coat, but because I was rushed I had to just frost it so crumbs kept getting caught in the frosting! So, to try and hide them, I put glitter sprinkles on the cake. Lesson learned: use a proper crumb coating when using a white frosting!





No comments:

Post a Comment