Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Funfetti Cake Bites

Reading through my favorite baking blog, Bakerella, I saw a recipe for the most delicious looking treat ... Red Velvet Cake Balls. They looked like little pieces of cake and chocolate heaven. I knew I had to try them out! However, I cannot call them "Cake Balls." That just seems, well odd to me I guess. So I call them "Cake Bites."

Overall these were really easy to make. I started by baking a cake. Because I did this right around Halloween time I used a Halloween Funfetti cake mix. (Which, by the way, was almost impossible to find around here! I finally found it at a Target store.) I actually made half the cake mix since there's only two of us in my household, not counting the dogs of course. After letting the cake cool, I crumbled up the cake mix, mixed it with half a can of frosting and started rolling it into balls. I stuck them in the freezer to firm up and here is what they looked like at this point ...












Next up I dipped the balls in chocolate almond bark. I had a few issues with this part. At first I had issues covering the whole ball, but after just spooning the chocolate on top of the ball it started to work better. I had quite a few mistakes so I tried covering them up by drizzling some of the chocolate on top. I think they turned out pretty good! I was proud of them anyway!











Since these cake bites were little pieces of heaven, I'm going to make them again next week for Thanksgiving so I can share the deliciousness with my family. Not sure what kind I'll make yet though. I'm thinking either chocolate or red velvet. I can't wait to make more so I can eat more!

No comments:

Post a Comment